Lake Tahoe Sitters Child Care Policies are in place to insure our sitters are well taken care of. This allows us to provide you and your family with the highest quality sitters. Please always feel free to call or email with any questions regarding our policies.
- We have a 5 hour minimum during the day and a 4 hour minimum in the evenings.
- We have a 5 hour minimum on New Year’s Eve all day.
- We have a 6 hour minimum at Kirkwood and other similar locations.
- During Holiday periods, you will be charged for the hours booked. Thank you for understanding.
- We accept payment to the sitter directly in cash. If you choose to put payment on your credit card, there will be a 5% additional processing fee.
- Please inform us immediately if you know your child is sick. It will be at the sitter’s discretion to continue with the job at an additional rate of $5 more per hour for sick children. Call or text (530) 545-1217
- Regular Cancellations: Cancellations made inside of 72 hours prior to your reservation are subject to full payment. Cancellations made outside of 72 hours prior to your reservation are subject to the placement fee.
- Holiday Cancellations: Cancellations made inside of 2 weeks prior to your reservation are subject to full payment. Cancellations made outside of 2 weeks prior to your reservation are subject to the placement fee.
- Please also confirm with your sitter where she should park. If there is no free parking on site, then you will be responsible for paying for the sitter to park.
- Please contact as soon as possible to make us aware of a potential reservation. We will do our best to accommodate last minute reservations, but it can be difficult.
- We do not allow our sitters to drive children. Please contact to discuss transportation options.
- Please refer to our Rates Page for information regarding pricing and holiday dates.
- Lake Tahoe Sitters reserves the right to cancel any booking without advance notice for any reason deemed necessary by management and specifically if management is concerned for the safety and/or welfare of our care providers.
Thank you for your kind consideration of our Sitters. We look forward to working with you during your Lake Tahoe Vacation.