Lake Tahoe Sitters Child Care Policies are in place to insure our sitters are well taken care of. This allows us to provide you and your family with the highest quality sitters. Please always feel free to call or email with any questions regarding our policies.
- We have a 5 hour minimum during the day and a 4 hour minimum in the evenings.
- We have a 5 hour minimum on New Year’s Eve all day.
- We have a 6 hour minimum at Kirkwood and other similar locations.
- During Holiday periods, you will be charged for the hours booked. Thank you for understanding.
- We accept payment to the sitter directly in cash. If you choose to put payment on your credit card, there will be a 5% additional processing fee.
- Please inform us immediately if you know your child is sick. It will be at the sitter’s discretion to continue with the job at an additional rate of $5 more per hour for sick children. Call or text (530) 545-1217
- Regular Cancellations: Cancellations made inside of 72 hours prior to your reservation are subject to full payment. Cancellations made outside of 72 hours prior to your reservation are subject to the placement fee.
- Holiday Cancellations: Cancellations made inside of 2 weeks prior to your reservation are subject to full payment. Cancellations made outside of 2 weeks prior to your reservation are subject to the placement fee.
- Please also confirm with your sitter where she should park. If there is no free parking on site, then you will be responsible for paying for the sitter to park.
- Please contact as soon as possible to make us aware of a potential reservation. We will do our best to accommodate last minute reservations, but it can be difficult.
- We do not allow our sitters to drive children. Please contact to discuss transportation options.
- Please refer to our Rates Page for information regarding pricing and holiday dates.
- Lake Tahoe Sitters reserves the right to cancel any booking without advance notice for any reason deemed necessary by management and specifically if management is concerned for the safety and/or welfare of our care providers.
Thank you for your kind consideration of our Sitters. We look forward to working with you during your Lake Tahoe Vacation.
***please make sure to request a vaccinated sitter if this is your preference. We will do our best to honor each request but can not guarantee the sitter will be vaccinated. However we will inform you if we can not fulfill your request. Cancellations due to non vaccinated sitters if not requested are subject to full payment ***
COVID -19 Lake Tahoe Sitters operating checklist
Lake Tahoe sitters:
-All tables and chairs should be wiped down with soap and water followed by sanitation after each use
-Nap mats, cots or cribs should be wiped down with soap and water followed by sanitation after each use
-All toys should be sanitizer and cleaned throughout the day and after each use
-Frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and sanitizer as often as possible
-No soft or cloth toys should be brought or used
-All outdoor equipment should be sanitized and cleaned properly throughout the day
-Frequent hand washing for all clients/sitters and children with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds including before and after but not limited to the following: each activity, meals, outdoor activities, bathroom use, diapering, any contact with bodily fluids, garbage or animals.
-Follow COVID 19 hand washing procedures
-Carry hand sanitizer for instances that you can not immediately wash your hands
Meals and snacks:
-Discontinue any family style meals- each child should have their own plate and cup
-Wear gloves when assisting children with any food service
-Temporarily cease all sensory activities due to being difficult to sanitize stations
Maintain group sizes to ratio
-A group reservations and mixing children
-Children should nap at least 6 feet apart when possible. If not possible, nap feet to head.
Beginning and end of reservation:
-Complete paperwork and meet and greet at a designated area and practice social distancing
-Use of own pen is required
-Client/sitter and children should immediately wash hands
-Staff must wear a mask
-Clients are encouraged to wear masks
-Complete a visual “well check “ to make sure clients, sitters or children do not have a cough, fever or shortness of breath or any other COVID 19 symptoms
-Temperature check for all children, clients and sitters should be performed before the reservation and must be no higher than 100.4
-Limit personal belongings and toys
-If a child presents any COVID 19 symptoms the sitter should call the parents immediately and ask they return. They should keep the child isolated until the parents arrive
-If a sitter presents any symptoms she/he should immediately call the parents and ask them to return
-If any sitter presents any symptoms she or he must get tested
-If any sitter tests positive, she or he may not return to work until they test negative
-Maintain transparency with all clients and sitters and owner of Lake Tahoe Sitters so that we are all up to date and informed in the evolving situations
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we navigate through this difficult time,